Today I want to share about my last solo trip to one of the most pristine places in India – ‘Odisha’ and yes, it is not orissa. 2ND Time is a lucky charm. I hope there will be 3rd and 4th and more. And about how I figured out railway Cabins at Visakhapatnam station from a random youtuber, WHILE I WAS JUST HOURS AWAY FROM GETTING OF THE TRAIN!! It was definitely affordable, fairly clean, and safe.

So, I happened to stay mostly put in Kakiriguma, it has its own railway station but is not very active since covid. It’s close to Koraput district. I did go to Sun temple and Jaganath Puri too, but later on that. I was visiting John George, an amazing human being with a wondrous journey. A Keralite by birth, studied in Tamil, established himself in Odisha, and travelled across the globe. He definitely is a polyglot. Little did I know I would also connect with Simone, an Italian who likes to call himself part Dravidian. Came to India when he was 19, studied here and worked in the social sector since then. He shuttles back and forth from Italy. Speaks impeccable Malayalam (not that I understand but as per John) so much so that a Malayalam speaking person might be put to shame. We saw ‘Kantara’ together!! Understands a few other Dravidian languages and Italian of course, another Polyglot! And here was me, thinking only Indians are born polyglots.

The 35 acres Siddharth Eco- Village that I spent the rest of my 20 days in was an expanse of pure nature’s bliss. Babita the girl in the kitchen would be up by 6am and readying my most favourite breakfast in the world – idli/ dosa sambar and chatni.

In the afternoon Malti maushi, khasi dada and sukanti didi would join me at the site work of ‘Herbal Mother’ (more on that only if we ever meet in person)

And the evenings would be divine with an hourly meditation with the setting Sun followed by a quaint dinner with some deep, warm and fun conversations with John and Simone.

I have never felt warmer (in spite of the chilling cold), loved and seen in any other place in a long-long time. There is no comparison and no words to describe the warmth one receives from relations that are not bound by any obligation…. How gentle, how pure and how expansive the love feels. I have often been at the receiving end of unconditional love even if it lasted a moment or a couple of days……but all only during my travels, from some of the most unexpected, unrelated people in the quaint corners of the world. These species are generally not, and I resonate with them, discovered outside of these corners.  

Every morning I would get up at 6, no matter what time I slept and be up and ready waiting eagerly for 8am. Because that was the time to walk down to John’s cabin for our morning sessions and meditations. If you have ever wondered how a Man can exude mother’s energy? Well firstly step out of your toxic patriarchy and secondly meet John. I have never needed to wonder, because I have some fond memories of my late grandfather, who I always introduce in my memories as “more grandmotherly’. Meeting John was just simply a restoration of faith in motherly masculinity. I could say the same for Simone, but he felt like a cousin you connected with much later in life and wondered why you didn’t speak before. Such are the relations I’d rather care about, those that are made not born with.

Right from the special cottage given to me, the food, the last day property tour by Babita, I felt like I was the only esteemed guest in the entire 35 acres. And in some ways I was, because that’s pretty much who all existed in the village, of course there were some more tribal staff who came in the day for odd tasks, or random travellers for overnight stay in other cottages, and ducks and horses, cows, goats and Cadbury (the dober-woman). But that is also because Siddharth village is going through an intentional transition from being a commercial homestay to an abode of like minded and like-directed folks. And how can I ever forget the most genuine warm farewell received from all those I worked with in building the most beautiful deity I have ever worshipped. My community as I like to now call them, at ‘Herbal Mother’. Malti maushi and Babita were the only 2 who understood little Hindi, but who needs Hindi? Odiya is fairly close to Hindi and Marathi…..and when hearts and eyes speak and the common language is that of nature and faith…. Work does become worship.

I miss them, from the most honest place of my heart. Life, for me, has mostly been a flowing river, a river where the same me has never stepped foot in the same waters. It has been about people and places fading with little or no remorse. But sometimes; some places and some people do leave a strong mark on you without doing much, by just being themselves and most importantly, by allowing you to be yourself.

Siddarth Village, Satya Yug and its people are that for me. And I hope there is never a chance for them to fade away.

A little more about John – he has been a trainer in ECO-VILLAGE Design, healer for over 30 plus years. He has been training people and groups from tribal population, children, police and government officials for conflict resolution, economic stability, personal growth and many other modalities. He originated the ‘Herbal Mother” a natural deity within the eco-village premises growing some exclusive herbs. Siddharth village is the perfect place to host workshops, sessions, seminars, congregations if you are in the space of Permaculture, open learning, healing the planet, Alternative and holistic healing practises, etc. or just to visit and take the inward journey in the arms of cool nature and warm people.  FOR CONTACT DETAILS PLEASE REACH OUT. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary entry 4th Nov. 2023 - I am my own subject of psychological experiments.

Never Been To A Beauty Salon

SEX! now that i have got your attention............yeah, shut the fuck up. don't sell sex, WORSHIP IT!