"Interfaith Peace-building and Climate change"

So, I recently attended a 4 day collective gathering generously hosted at one the most beautiful place called @fireflies Intercultural Centre. 

Why we gathered? To talk about "Interfaith Peace-building and Climate change". This unique perspective was facilitated by @pipaltree. For a long time, I thought I was the only one drawing connections between the so-called diverse religions and their connection to nature and natural cycles. For eons man has been fighting for religious supremacy, while completely forgetting that all religions have their core in animism. There are more similarities in our religions than differences. The differences are as practical as the differences in the geographical demographics. It isn’t about “is my religion more correct than yours or closer to God than yours.” It simply is “my religion allows me to live in the most coherent way to my geography.” Why some religions allow to eat meat is simply because their geography has less vegetation vs why some religions emphasis on vegetarianisms is probably because they have large forests and apex predators who need the meat more than humans. 

It is the same way that Maharashtra has the concept of Devraai vs North East as the concept of Sacred Grooves, it essentially means and serves the same purpose. It is the same way that both Hinduism, Islam and many other ancient religions follow the moon cycle for their calendars. Our festivals all hint at out cultivation and harvest cycles and patterns. Basically, rooted in agriculture. Hinduism has Shravan maas, Islam has Ramzan and Christianity has Lent, basically all emphasising on abstinence and detox. 

Likewise, climate change itself has some shocking impacts on the way humans live and tweak their culture, morality and lifestyle everyday. Who would have thought that the floodings in Sundarbans is the primary cause of women abuse and human sex trafficking. Who would have thought that illegal mining mafia and dehumanising land acquisitions in the name of development are not just the primary causes for environmental degradation but also the causes behind instigated racial and caste violence. Who would have thought that the advertising industry feeding the buy more, consume more, fear more, be discontent more would be using religious differences to tap into the collective psyche and fuel the industrial invasion of the planet.  


Yes, such were the topics of discussion amongst the 14 participants that came from across the country and different age groups and backgrounds and religion. However, the end goal being common of creating a healthier and more compassionate world. Have you ever observed how no matter what your faith and no matter what your religion we all breath the same air, drink the same rivers and eat the same plants and creatures that our nature bestows upon us. The differences are only demographical not essential. And the one who understands this understands that the flame of strongest of faiths, flickers persistently in our love for all things alike. 

Our cultures, customs and religions define not us, but our unique expression of our love. It is not our identity per say, but our various manners to hold each other. But 'hold each other', we must. Met some amazingly beautiful people. People who showed me my strengths, my magic. People who held my mess and People who inspired me to be more, smile more, laugh more, feel more, think more and do more. But most importantly people who made me feel safe to have my own different definition of more. 

Coming back home with renewed hope and strength to carry on with whatever I can, this brings me more inspiration. I dream of a world of abundance, of acceptance, respect and love for all living beings (no not just textbook definition of living. I believe even stones, furniture, your phone, a fallen leaf is as living as you and me). And now I shall dream more until my last breath.

check the video

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary entry 4th Nov. 2023 - I am my own subject of psychological experiments.

Never Been To A Beauty Salon

SEX! now that i have got your attention............yeah, shut the fuck up. don't sell sex, WORSHIP IT!